With an advanced lab, an extensive barrel cellar, and 4-million-liter tank capacity, we offer training and exposure to a wide variety of techniques, equipment and innovations practiced in our winemaking facility. Our team is currently looking for a full time, permanent role as a Lead Lab Technician.
This position will involve a full range of chemical lab analysis work as well as helping with crush/production when required. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic individual who is educated within the practices of Oenology and Viticulture, Chemistry, Life Sciences or related field with a passion for winemaking. The current wage range for this role is $17.50-$20.50/hour based on skills and experience.
- Perform all routine laboratory tests required. These include, but are not limited to:
- Wet chemistry - pH, TA, Free/Total SO2, Residual Sugar, Malic Acid, Stability tests
- Cash Still Distillation - VA, Alcohol, Residual Sugar
- Filtration and centrifugation of samples
- Various trials (blending, filtration, etc.)
- Sample collection from various vessels (tanks, barrels, trucks etc.)
- Communication of analysis with supervisor(s)
- Daily calibration of all laboratory equipment
- Accurate preparation of solutions used in the lab and disposal of chemical wastes according to guidelines
- Filing & data entry, as well as the use of winemaking software
- Organizes and maintains lab cleanliness and safety
- Maintain accuracy and reliability in analysis results
- Preparation and analysis of grape/juice samples (Brix, TA, VA, pH)
- Monitoring daily readings for density, temperature, and VA on all fermentations
- Weighing and adding nutrients to fermentations
- Occasional Cellar/Crush pad/Scale house duties as needed
- Strong Chemistry background is an asset
- The ability to lift, bend, rotate and carry up to 50 lbs
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Availability to work weekends, holidays and evenings as necessary
- Access to reliable transportation as the property is located remotely from public transport.
All interested applicants should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diamond Estates and its divisions is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with differing abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.