Majority of tasks and responsibilities will include all sorts of manual labour – filtration, filling barrels, driving fork-lifts, pumping over, racking, transferring juice or wine from one tank to another, and cleaning tanks, barrels, cellar floors and picking bins.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, hardworking, and dependable; most importantly, have a passion and interest in the wine making process and take pride in the product being produced.
- Harvest Processing (grape reception, destemming, crushing, pressing)
- Fermentation Management: inoculations, nutrient additions, sampling, pump overs, punch downs
- Cellar Work: barrel filling, racking, blending, additions, filtration
- Cellar Sanitation: tank and barrel cleaning, general cleaning of facility and winery equipment
- Operating forklift and other winery equipment
- Inventory management
- Some form of formal wine education preferred.
- Experience working in beverage production.
- Strong commitment to quality with attention to detail.
- Candidate must be hands-on, dependable, and self-starting.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of safe cellar practices, including safe handling of chemicals.
- Knowledge of winery cellar operating procedures.
- Teamwork and customer service skills.
- Ability to work shift work from time to time, including late nights and weekends
- Ability to lift 55 lbs.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diamond Estates and its divisions is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with differing abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.