Diamond Estates Wines & Spirits is the third largest producer of VQA wines in Niagara, Ontario and is looking for their next team member for the full-time role of Maintenance Technician.
Based near St. Catharines, ON and reporting to the Production Managers, the Maintenance Tech is expected to demonstrate hands on skills to complete preventative maintenance of all equipment, buildings, and properties as directed, in an efficient and effective manner.
The successful candidate will ideally possess an understanding of government regulations, including MOE, MOL, Food Safety, etc…, have critical thinking/problem solving skills and be able to work independently.
Summary of Duties
- Perform minor repairs and general maintenance duties, by using hand and power tools
- Responsible for daily upkeep of properties and buildings, including mowing, power washing, patching, painting, etc…
- Responsible for snow removal using tractor, snow blower and shovels in all designated areas
- Must be able to manage time efficiently, work independently as well as in groups or teams
- Responsible to report food safety problems and/or quality problems and recommend solutions or initiate action
- Accurate recording of property/maintenance logs that maintains compliance
- Adhere to all safety protocols required
- Completion of College degree (preferred) with 3 years experience in maintenance operations
- Mechanically inclined
- Excellent attention to detail (precision and accuracy)
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Dependable, punctual, desire for high standards
- Able to operate 5-ton Tow motor, pallet jacks and dollies; JLG Boom Lift
- Able to lift 20 KG repeatedly throughout a given day
- Able to maintain control and composure in difficult situations and cope in hectic conditions
- Knowledge of Microsoft office with basic computer skills
Diamond Estates and its divisions is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with differing abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.