Apply for a position as a Cook at Creekside Estate Winery.
Creekside Estate Winery, now a division of Diamond Estates Wines & Spirits Ltd., is proud of the culinary creations served from our kitchen and are looking for an experienced and passionate Cook to continue to develop and support our hospitality team. The ideal candidate for this position has previous experience preparing food, enjoys working in a busy restaurant environment, can take direction well and multi-task effectively, in addition to experience in customer service and comfortable working in an open kitchen
Key responsibilities include:
- being able to measure and assemble ingredients for menu items,
- collaborate with team members to prepare meals during dining hours,
- maintain accurate food inventories,
- safely store food items at appropriate temperatures,
- rotate stock items as per established procedures,
- restock kitchen for subsequent shifts,
- ensure that the food prep area and kitchen are cleaned and sanitized daily
- Post-Secondary diploma in culinary management or equivalent
- Food Handlers, Smart Serve Certificate
- At least one year Cook experience in restaurant industry
- Knowledge of proper food handling procedures
You must be able to arrange your own transportation to and from work.
We thank all applicants for applying, however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diamond Estates and its divisions is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with differing abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The company has full vaccination policy against Covid-19 to ensure the health and safety of all employees, visitors, and customers.