Apply for a position as a Harvest Lab Intern
With an advanced lab, an extensive barrel cellar, and 4-million-liter tank capacity, we offer training and exposure to, a wide variety of techniques, equipment and innovations practiced in our winemaking facility. Our team is currently looking for a Harvest Lab Intern for a 4-month contract during the upcoming Harvest period. This position will involve a full range of chemical lab analysis work as well as helping with crush/production when required, reporting to the Oenologist and Winemakers. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic university/college student or recent graduate majoring in Oenology and Viticulture, Chemistry, Life Sciences or related field with a passion for winemaking
- Preparation and chemical analysis of grape/juice samples (Brix, TA, VA, pH)
- Monitoring daily readings for density, temperature and VA on all fermentations
- Occasionally performing basic analysis in our lab (Brix, pH, TA, Free/Total SO2, RS, Alc, etc.)
- Data entry and organized tracking of analysis
- Preparation of samples for analysis, as well as weighing and adding nutrients to fermentations
- Occasional Cellar/Crush pad/Scale house duties as needed
- Strong Chemistry background is an asset
- The ability to lift, bend, rotate and carry up to 50 lbs
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Availability to work weekends, holidays and evenings as necessary
- Reliable transportation & legally permitted to work in Canada
All interested applicants should send a resume to email@example.com
We thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diamond Estates and its divisions is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with differing abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The company has a full vaccination policy against COVID-19 to ensure the health and safety of employees, guests and customers.