Apply for a position as an Intermediate Accountant at Diamond Estates Wines & Spirits.
Do you have a passion for wine and enjoy working in a dynamic industry? Are you ready to embark on an exciting new phase in your career with a growing company and enthusiastic culture? If so, then this may be the right opportunity for you.
Diamond Estates (TSXV: DWS) is the third largest producer of VQA wines in Niagara, Ontario and is proud of our award winning, high-quality wines. Production is centralized in a state-of-the-art facility with a three tasting and retail sales facility, in the Niagara Region: Lakeview Wine Co., Creekside Estate Winery and Queenston Mile Vineyard. The Company also operates a winery, Backyard Vineyards in British Columbia and a sales agency business, Trajectory Beverage Partners that represents foreign and domestic beverage alcohol suppliers across Canada. The company is looking for their next team member in the role of Intermediate Accountant.
The Intermediate Accountant position plays a key role in streamlining and maintaining various accounting processes. Main responsibilities are managing the full cycle of accounts payable and accounts receivable functions in order to safeguard company assets, control expenses and ensure compliance with company policies and internal controls. Additionally, the role is responsible for administering workflow process automation applications as well as various online portals.
- Accurately maintain and administer Sage APA and Expensify.
- Reconciliation of invoices to vendor statements.
- Complete vendor credit applications as necessary.
- Reconciling the AP/AR subledger to the ledger.
- External communication with vendors.
- Posting journal entries and inter-company journal entries.
- Process all payments (EFT’s, wires, cheques).
- Processing and reconciling cash receipts
- Regular communication with customers regarding reconciliations and collection matters
- Prepare various accruals, reports, analysis and account reconciliations as part of the month end close
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Team player with a positive attitude and outgoing personality.
- Desire to continuously learn and improve systems and processes.
- Inquisitive and analytical thinker.
Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business or related field is required.
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Office Suite is an asset.
- 3 to 5 years previous accounting experience is required.
- Prior experience with ERP systems and automated workflow applications is an asset
We thank all applicants for applying, however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diamond Estates and its divisions is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with differing abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The company has full vaccination policy against Covid-19 to ensure the health and safety of all employees, visitors, and customers.