Apply for a position as a Junior Accountant, Accounts Payable at Diamond Estates.
Do you have a passion for wine and enjoy working in a dynamic industry? Are you ready to embark on an exciting new phase in your career with a growing company and enthusiastic culture? If so, then this may be the right opportunity for you.
Diamond Estates (TSXV: DWS) is the third largest producer of VQA wines in Niagara, Ontario and is proud of our award winning, high-quality wines. Production is centralized in a state-of-the-art facility with a new tasting and retail sales facility, “Lakeview Wine Co.” in the Niagara Region. The Company also operates a satellite winery, “Backyard Vineyards” in British Columbia and a sales agency business, Trajectory Beverage Partners (“TBP”) that represents foreign and domestic beverage alcohol suppliers across Canada. The company is looking for their next team member in the role of Junior Accountant, Accounts Payable.
The Junior Accountant, Accounts Payable plays a key role in streamlining and maintaining processes that are related to A/P. The Junior Accountant, Accounts Payable is responsible for receiving, verifying, and processing vendor invoices in order to safeguard company assets, control expenses and ensure compliance with company policies and internal controls. This role is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the invoice approval and coding workflow process in a multi-company organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Code or obtain proper coding for invoices for account posting.
- Obtain approval for all invoices prior to entry.
- Reconciliation of invoices to vendor statements.
- Enter invoices into AP system.
- Complete vendor credit applications as necessary.
- Reconciling the AP subledger to the ledger.
- External communication with vendors.
- Internal communication with managers.
- Posting journal entries and inter-company journal entries
- Accurately maintain and administer Sage APA.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Effective communication skills.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Team player with a positive attitude and outgoing personality.
- Desire to continuously learn and improve systems and processes.
- Inquisitive and analytical thinker.
- Excellent fit with the company culture.
- Work with Finance team to optimize brand and sku profitability; monitor brand P&L and provide recommendations
- Manage annual brand marketing budget by region / sku / channel
- Prepares quarterly budget reconciliations (spent, committed, balance, etc.), and recommended corrective actions, where required to keep on budget.
Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business or related field is required.
- Previous experience working with complex Excel spreadsheets is required.
- 3-5 years previous accounts payable experience is preferred.
- Previous beverage alcohol industry experience is an asset.
- In depth experience with Sage 300 and Sage APA is an asset.
- Previous experience with O365 (specifically, Sharepoint and Microsoft Teams) is an asset.
All interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for applying, however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diamond Estates and its divisions is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with differing abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The company has full vaccination policy against Covid-19 to ensure the health and safety of all employees, visitors, and customers.