Apply for a position as Assistant Brand Manager, Canadian Wines at Diamond Estates.
Do you have a passion for wine and enjoy working in a dynamic industry? Are you ready to embark on an exciting new phase in your career with a growing company and enthusiastic culture? If so, then this may be the right opportunity for you.
Diamond Estates (TSXV: DWS) is the third largest producer of VQA wines in Niagara, Ontario and is proud of our award winning, high-quality wines. Production is centralized in a state-of-the-art facility with a new tasting and retail sales facility, “Lakeview Wine Co.” in the Niagara Region. The Company also operates a satellite winery, “Backyard Vineyards” in British Columbia and a sales agency business, Trajectory Beverage Partners (“TBP”) that represents foreign and domestic beverage alcohol suppliers across Canada. The company is looking for their next team member in the role of Assistant Brand Manager, Canadian Wines.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, Canadian Wines and based out of Oakville, with travel to the Niagara Region, the Assistant Brand Manager (ABM) is responsible for the development and execution of annual national marketing plans that deliver target financial goals for the wine brands within their portfolio. The ABM provides ongoing performance analysis and reporting, gathering and interpreting competitive intelligence and consumer insights, channel performance and opportunity identification, analysis and recommendations.
Brand Planning & Execution
- Leads the development of annual marketing and channel support plans and programs for an assigned group of Company brands.
- Assists in long term strategic planning for brands and Canadian wine portfolio
- Aids in development of forecasts and marketing strategies in partnership with cross functional teams
- Lead consumer targeted brand activities including Social Media, PR, Sponsorships, Experiential activations and sampling etc.
- Conducts pricing & competitive analysis to identify useful insights, identify business opportunities and support overall business growth objectives
Brand Performance Analysis & Reporting
- Ongoing monitoring and analysis evaluating the effectiveness of in-market sales and marketing performance across all channels including provincial Boards, grocery and direct to consumer channels against plans and activities
- Continuously monitors brand performance and provide ongoing updates
- Prepare plans, budgets and business case analysis to support recommendations including R.O.I. analysis of programming and initiatives.
- Work with Insights and analytics team to track category, competitor performance, consumer trends to identify ongoing opportunities
P&L Management and Budget Control
- Work with Finance team to optimize brand and sku profitability; monitor brand P&L and provide recommendations
- Manage annual brand marketing budget by region / sku / channel
- Prepares quarterly budget reconciliations (spent, committed, balance, etc.), and recommended corrective actions, where required to keep on budget.
- Post secondary education (University Degree / College Diplomat with business and/or marketing emphasis.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a marketing / sales role.
- At least 1 year experience as an Assistant Brand Manager preferred
- Experience working within CPG or alcohol beverage industry preferred.
- Candidate must have a passion for wine, ideally with WSET2 training
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Strong organizational, project and time management skills and an attention to detail.
- Works well on own / takes initiative / self-starter
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills / works well in team environment
All interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for applying, however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diamond Estates and its divisions is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with differing abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The company has full vaccination policy against Covid-19 to ensure the health and safety of all employees, visitors, and customers.