Apply for a position as Financial Analyst at Diamond Estates.
Do you have a passion for wine and enjoy working in a dynamic industry? Are you ready to embark on an exciting new phase in your career with a growing company and enthusiastic culture? If so, then this may be the right opportunity for you.
Diamond Estates (TSXV: DWS) is the third largest producer of VQA wines in Niagara, Ontario and is proud of our award winning, high-quality wines. Production is centralized in a state-of-the-art facility with a new tasting and retail sales facility in the Niagara Region. The Company also operates a satellite winery, Backyard Vineyards in British Columbia and a National sales agency business, Trajectory Beverage Partners (“TBP”) that represents foreign and domestic beverage alcohol suppliers across Canada. The company is looking for their next team member in the role of Financial Analyst.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, the Financial Analyst is is expected to demonstrate skills in consolidating and analyzing financial data, problem solving, analytical modeling, running ad-hoc scenarios, managing project timelines and deliverables. The successful candidate will possess a deep understanding of database design principles, query execution plans in order to assemble and summarize data into sophisticated reports.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Data Management - acquire data from primary (Sage 300 and SEI/Nectari) or secondary data sources.
- Prepare, analyze and perform variance analysis on the monthly management reporting package, including channel and product level profitability.
- With leadership from the Manager, FP&A, utilize forecasting software to produce quarterly forecasts, annual budgets, and long-term plans, as well as modelling out “what if” scenarios.
- Oversee pricing models and price lists, communicating with Sales and Brand teams to drive profitability.
- Develop user documentation.
- Process Improvement – identify and assist with ongoing process improvements to data integration.
- Produce other Ad-hoc reporting as required.
- Protect the Company by keeping financial information confidential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel with advanced Excel experience; ability to create Macros and complex spreadsheet models.
- Experience with Sage 300 and SEI desired.
- Experience in the Ontario Wine / Beverage Alcohol industry an asset, but not required.
- Two – three years Financial Analyst experience an asset, but not required.
- In depth knowledge of database structures and data mining techniques.
- Strong modelling and analytic skills.
- Post-secondary education ideally in business, computer science, economics or statistics.
- Have ability to communicate results and findings in a clear and a concise manner.
- Ability to manage, manipulate and analyze raw data.
- Proficient at queries, report writing and displaying findings.
- Knowledge of chart of accounts and full cycle accounting.
We thank all applicants for applying, however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diamond Estates and its divisions is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with differing abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.