Apply for a position as a Retail Manager at Lakeview Wine Co.
Do you have a passion for wine and enjoy working in a dynamic industry? Are you ready to embark on an exciting new phase in your career with a growing company and enthusiastic culture? If so, then this may be the right opportunity for you.
Lakeview Wine Co. (LWC) is the retail and online division of Diamond Estates Wines & Spirits Ltd, Ontario’s 3rd largest producer of VQA wines. Our portfolio includes popular brands like 20Bees, EastDell, FRESH Wines and Lakeview Cellars. And our state-of-the-art tour and tasting facility located in Niagara on the Lake, offers guests an experience like no other.
We are seeking an inspirational and energetic leader to join our team in the role of Retail Manager, LWC. This role is vital in the overall sales performance of the wine boutique and responsible for the daily operations, including reporting, staffing, visitor experience, merchandising, as well as managing and developing both an on and off-site events program.
Retail Sales / Reporting
- Actively sell alongside Retail Sales Associates in order to achieve/exceed retail sales objectives.
- Report on weekly forecast vs. sales and responds accordingly where action is required.
- Provide insight geared around the generation of sales including retail promotions and staff sales incentives and programs.
- Manage and develop a team of associates capable of executing sales plans.
- Participate in seasonal recruitment when necessary.
- Consistently deliver a memorable customer service experience which co-relates to sales.
- Assist in the development of a seasonal merchandising calendar.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels to ensure availability
- Identify consumer requirements/ trends by establishing a rapport with guests & tour groups to understand service requirements (non-wine merchandise, tour times, etc.)
Events Management (On & Off-Site)
- Evaluate new event opportunities as they arise in conjunction with the marketing team.
- Manage events budget including staffing, participation fees, signage, POS materials.
- Provide post-event reporting including summary and recommendations.
- Collaborate with Marketing department to ensure respective events fall within brand standards.
- College degree/diploma preferably in sales or event management
- 3-5 years’ experience in a sales management/supervisory role
- Experience working within the wine industry considered an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word)
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with a proven ability to manage a team
- Strong organizational, time management skills and an attention to detail
- Concise verbal and written communication skills
Diamond Estates and its divisions is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with differing abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.