Do you have a passion for wine and enjoy working in a dynamic industry? Are you ready to embark on an exciting new phase in your career with a growing company and enthusiastic culture? If so, then this may be the right opportunity for you.
Diamond Estates (TSXV: DWS) is the third largest producer of VQA wines in Niagara, Ontario and is proud of our high-quality wines. Production is centralized in a state-of-the-art facility with a new tasting and retail sales facility. The Company also operates two satellite wineries and a sales agency business, Kirkwood Diamond Canada (“KDC”) that represents foreign and domestic beverage alcohol suppliers across Canada. As the Company is in a significant growth phase, the team is looking to add a member in the role of Maintenance Assistant.
Based in the Niagara region near St. Catharines and reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Assistant is expected to demonstrate hands on skills to complete preventative maintenance and maintenance of all equipment, buildings and property as directed by the Maintenance Manager, in an efficient and effective manner. The Maintenance Assistant will possess an understanding of government regulations, including MOE, MOL, Food Safety, etc…, have critical thinking/problem solving skills and be able to work independently.
Duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for daily, weekly, monthly and annual maintenance programs for the facility, equipment and property.
• Collaborate with other departments on any issues pertaining to maintenance on winemaking equipment, property and building/landscaping.
• Responsible for snow removal using tractor, snow blower and shovels in all designated areas
• Adhere to all safety protocols required by Diamond Estates management team.
• Ensure all necessary paperwork is handed into the Maintenance Manager on a regular basis.
• Must be able to manage time efficiently, work independently as well as in groups or teams.
• Recommend and implement corporately approved systems, programs and procedures.
• Accurate recording of MOE, COA, property logs and maintenance logs that maintains compliance.
• Assist part time /temporary staff or contract workers to ensure safe operation and completion of planned maintenance aspects.
• Offer insights into facility operations and that would lead to reduced cost and performance improvements.
• Responsible to report food safety problems and or quality problems to superiors and personnel with authority to initiate actions.
• Completion of College degree (preferred) with minimum of 3 years experience in maintenance operations.
• Mechanically inclined, proficient in welding
• Excellent attention to detail (precision and accuracy)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word.
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Dependable, punctual, desire for high standards
• Able to operate 5-ton Tow motor, pallet jacks and dollies; JLG Boom Lift
• Able to lift 20 KG
• Able to maintain control and composure in difficult situations and cope in hectic conditions
• Continuously learn, adapt to change and lead by example
We thank all those who apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diamond Estates is an equal opportunity employer.