Senior Financial Analyst, External ReportingReporting to the CFO, the successful candidate will bring their passion for accounting, keen eye for detail, and superior interpersonal skills to ensure timely and accurate preparation of the companies externally reported financials and associated filings.
This multifaceted role will have responsibility for the preparation of the quarterly financial statements including note disclosures and compilation of MD&A inputs as well as development of internal finance policies. In order to be successful, the chosen candidate will be highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and will be able to work autonomously while partnering with others within the organization as well as key external stakeholders to meet tight timelines and produce high quality work.
Duties and responsibilities
- Preparation of quarterly financial statements under IFRS including note disclosures and MD&A;
- Coordinate inputs for statements across finance team;
- Quarterly financial filings required by lenders and the TSX;
- Monthly and quarterly lender reporting;
- Research complex transactions and establish accounting policies in accordance with IFRS, ensuring consistent application across all lines of business;
- Prepare memo’s for CFO and audit committee outlining the effect of specific IFRS’s on business operations;
- Stay abreast of upcoming changes to IFRS, and proactively assess risks and opportunities to the organization;
Working closely with the Corporate Controller with the objective of safeguarding company assets and providing clear financial guardrails, you will:
- Review existing policies to assess effectiveness and identify gaps;
- Develop policies as business needs arise;
- Accounting designation (preferably 3+ years post-graduation);
- Significant experience (3+ years) using Caseware Working papers;
- Experience preparing full suite of financial statements including note disclosures and MD&A for senior management;
- Above average excel and power point skills
- University degree;
- Be from a top tier accounting firm with a majority of time spent supporting publicly reported companies under IFRS;
- 2+ years’ experience in an accounting position in a company reporting under IFRS;
- Exceptional planning and organizing skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities, set and manage expectations;
- Experience with consolidation accounting;
- Knowledge of best practices in reporting and compliance;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Exceptional technical acumen;
- Ability to effectively work with all stakeholders to meet personal objectives;
- Self-driven, entrepreneurial and to operate with integrity;
- Naturally inquisitive;
- Common sense, excellent collaboration skills, and a sense of entrepreneurial optimism as this is a fast moving, agile business;
- Creative problem solver
- Possess a strong attention to detail, operate effortlessly in a highly dynamic environment and leverage maturity and business acumen to make excellent decisions.
All interest applicants should send a resume to HR@diamondwines.com
We thank all those who apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diamond Estates is an equal opportunity employer.