Diamond Estates (TSXV: DWS) is the third largest producer of VQA wines in Niagara, Ontario and is proud of our high-quality wines. Production is centralized in a state-of-the-art facility with a phenomenal tasting and retail store. The Company also operates a sales agency division, Trajectory Beverage Partners (“TBP”) that represents foreign and domestic beverage alcohol suppliers across Canada. As the Company is in a significant growth phase, the team is looking to add a member in the role of Senior Accountant.
Based out of the Oakville office and reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Senior Accountant will have the opportunity to work on a broad set of responsibilities including cash management, reconciliations, month end close activities, and process improvement including process documentation and streamlining. The successful candidate will be detail oriented, possess excellent communication skills, and will work well with internal and external stakeholders. High energy, initiative, and a strong sense of ownership are a must!
• Able to demonstrate a broad range of accounting skills
• Detail oriented and organized
• Superior problem solving and decision-making ability with the determination to anticipate issues and see corrective actions through to resolution
• Excellent communicator who is effective at interacting with internal and external contacts
• Self-motivated and willing to take the initiative to see things through to completion
• Comfortable in a fast paced, growing and dynamic work environment
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Experience and Education:
• 5+ years of relevant Accounting experience
• Proficient with MS applications including Excel
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
• CPA/CA/CMA/CGA designation is an asset
• Solid general accounting skills, including accruals and exposure to intercompany accounting
• Previous alcohol beverage industry experience is an asset
• Experience leading others either directly or indirectly is an asset
• Previous experience with Sage Business Vision or similar accounting system is an asset
All interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org We thank all those for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diamond Estates is an equal opportunity employer.