Financial Analyst, Marketing & Sales
Diamond Estates Wines & Spirits is looking for a data manipulation expert whose mastery of Excel and exceptional communication skills have enabled them to identify trends and provide insights to drive decision making.
Located in Oakville and reporting to the Manager of FP&A, the Financial Analyst, Marketing & Sales works closely with both marketing and sales as well as their finance peers to track the performance of our brands and to develop models for pricing and promotions. In addition to this, the Financial Analyst, Marketing & Sales will participate in the annual budget and monthly forecasting processes and will lead the company’s efforts in assessing the ROI of various marketing activities. To achieve all this the individual will possess a “builders” mentality; being driven by action to proactively address issues with a keen-eye towards process automation and operational optimization.
Key attributes of the successful candidate include:
- Relentless pursuit to understand the drivers behind the number;
- Experience in developing reporting and analytics in a medium sized multi-entity organization;
- Comfortable pulling data from various sources and tying out to financials;
- Ability to partner with various groups across the organization to achieve objectives;
- Operational mindset with a keen eye for identifying process inefficiencies coupled with the ingenuity and drive to implement “best-in-class” solutions;
- Excellent soft-skills demonstrated through close collaboration with departmental leads and senior management;
- Produce monthly product scorecards for Marketing and Sales teams;
- Manage the continued development of product scorecards;
- Provide financial analysis on marketing programs;
- Develop and maintain pricing models for new products and price changes for existing products;
- Review marketing spend and ensure proper recording in our financial system;
- Produce other ad-hoc reporting as requested by management.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Pursuing or having attained CPA designation is an asset;
- 3+ years progressive FP&A experience;
- Advanced Excel experience; ability to create Macros and complex spreadsheet models;
- Experience using MS Access is an asset;
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to HR@diamondwines.com. We thank all those for applying, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diamond Estates Wines & Spirits is an equal opportunity employer.