Apply for a position as a Harvest Lab Intern
Do you have a passion for wine and enjoy working in a dynamic industry? Are you ready to embark on an exciting new phase in your career with a growing company and enthusiastic culture? If so, then this may be the right opportunity for you.
With a full state of the art lab, an extensive barrel cellar, and 4 million-liter tank capacity, we offer training on, and exposure to, a wide variety of techniques, equipment and innovations practiced in our winemaking facility. Our team is currently looking to add a couple new members for a 4-month contract in the role of Seasonal Lab Assistant during our upcoming Harvest period. This position will involve a full range of chemical lab analysis work as well as helping with crush/production when required, reporting to the Oenologist and Winemakers.
• Preparation and chemical analysis of grape/juice samples (Brix, TA, VA, pH)
• Monitoring daily readings for density, temperature and VA on all fermentations
• Occasionally performing basic analysis in our lab (Brix, pH, TA, Free/Total SO2, RS, Alc, etc.)
• Data entry and organized tracking of analysis
• Preparation of samples for analysis, as well as weighing and adding nutrients to fermentations
• Occasional Cellar/Crush pad/Scalehouse duties as needed
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic university/college student or recent graduate majoring in Oenology and Viticulture, Chemistry, Life Sciences or related field with a passion for winemaking.
• Strong Chemistry background is an asset
• The ability to lift, bend, rotate and carry up to 50 lbs
• Strong written and verbal English skills
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Availability to work weekends, holidays and evenings as necessary
• Reliable transportation & legally permitted to work in Canada
All interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diamond Estates is an equal opportunity employer