Apply for a position as an Accounting Clerk, Accounts Receivable.
Do you have a passion for wine and enjoy working in a dynamic industry? Are you ready to embark on an exciting new phase in your career with a growing company and enthusiastic culture? If so, then this may be the right opportunity for you.
Diamond Estates (TSXV: DWS) is the third largest producer of VQA wines in Niagara, Ontario and is proud of our high-quality wines. Production is centralized in a state-of-the-art facility with a phenomenal tasting and retail store. The Company also operates a sales agency division based out of Oakville, Trajectory Beverage Partners (“TBP”) that represents foreign and domestic beverage alcohol suppliers across Canada. As the Company is in a significant growth phase, the team is looking to add a member in the role of Accounting Clerk, Accounts Receivable.
Based in either Oakville or Niagara on the Lake, and reporting directly to the Manager, Credit & Collections, the Accounting Clerk is primarily focused on Accounts Receivable, including accurately recording customer payments, liaising with customers and sales reps on account status, and assisting with reporting requirements. The role may also support other areas as time permits. The successful candidate is detail oriented, has excellent communication skills, and is able to work well with internal and external stakeholders. High energy, motivation, initiative and drive are a must!
• Receive and process payments in various forms, including cheque, credit card, EFT, wire
• Correspond with internal sales representatives, customers and domestic/international suppliers as required to reconcile account balances, provide account statements, and produce invoice copies
• Record customer payments and apply to outstanding invoices
• Update customer master records in ERP system
• Assist with preparation and distribution of required and ad hoc accounts receivable reporting
• Other duties as assigned
Experience and Education:
• 3+ years of experience in bookkeeping and full cycle accounting (or general accounting)
• Previous experience working with complex Excel spreadsheets is required
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in business or related field is required
• Previous alcohol beverage industry experience is an asset
• Previous experience with Sage BusinessVision or similar ERP is an asset
• Exceptional organizational skills, high attention to detail, and analytical skills
• Strong (external and internal) client service orientation
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Must be self-motivated and willing to take the initiative to get things done
• Comfortable in a fast paced, growing and dynamic work environment
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel
All interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Katrina Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all those for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.