Apply for the position as Retail Manager at our Niagara-on-the-Lake Tasting Centre.
Do you have a passion for wine and enjoy working in a dynamic industry? Are you ready to embark on an exciting new phase in your career with a growing company and enthusiastic culture? If so, then
this may be the right opportunity for you.
Diamond Estates (TSXV: DWS) is the third largest producer of wines in Niagara and is home to some of Ontario’s top selling VQA wine brands. Production is centralized in a state-of-the-art winemaking facility with a new wine boutique and tasting centre. The Company also operates a sales agency division, Kirkwood Diamond Canada (“KDC”) that represents foreign and domestic beverage alcohol suppliers
The company is looking to add a member to our community on a contract basis in the role of Retail Manager. Based in the Niagara region near St. Catharines and reporting to the Manager, Retail
Operations & Winery Marketing the Retail Manager is a vital role in the overall sales performance of the Company’s Niagara wine boutique (The Lakeview Wine Co). Responsibilities include managing day to day operations of a busy, customer experience centred wine boutique.
Duties and Responsibilities
Retail Sales & Reporting
- Active selling, managing scheduling & staffing budgets, reporting, &, inventory control
- Motivating & managing a team including Assistant Retail Manager, Supervisors and Retail Sales Associates & Tour Guides with the goal of achieving/exceeding set sales plans
- Consistently delivers a memorable customer service experience which co-relates to sales
- Assist with Event execution
- Execute seasonal merchandising plans
- College degree / diploma preferably with retail management & sales
- 3-5 years’ experience in a retail sales role (preferably in a fast-paced environment)
- Experience working within the wine industry an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word)
- Well-developed interpersonal skills / ability to manage in a team environment
- Strong organizational, project and time management skills and an attention to detail
- Concise verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a reliable means of transportation
- Substantial time spent at the tasting bar or selling ‘on the floor’
- Computer / desk time
- Some travel, off-site functions & special events / tastings
- Hours of work vary including weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Physical requirements: Must be able to lift 35lbs.
Job Type: Full Time | Posted until Sunday, May 27th, 2018