Apply for a position as a Lab Technician/Harvest Intern at our Niagara-on-the-Lake winemaking facility.
This is a seasonal, full-time position, which includes weekday and occasional evening and weekend shifts.
This position will involve a full range of chemical lab analysis work as well as helping with crush/production when required, reporting to the Oenologist and Winemakers.
- Preparation and chemical analysis of grape/juice samples (Brix, TA, VA, pH)
- Monitoring daily density, temperatures and VAs of fermentations
- Occasionally performing basic analysis in our lab (Brix, pH, TA, Free/Total SO2, RS, Alc, etc.)
- Data entry and organized tracking of analysis
- Preparation of samples for analysis, as well as weighing and adding nutrients to fermentations
- Occasional Cellar/Crush pad/Scalehouse duties
The ideal candidate will be a university/college student or recent graduate majoring in Oenology and Viticulture, Chemistry, Life Sciences or related field with a passion for winemaking.
Additional qualifications include:
- A valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation, legally permitted to work in Canada
- Strong chemistry background is ideal
- The ability to lift, bend, rotate and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Availability to work weekends, holidays and evenings as necessary