We are hiring a Data Analyst for our Niagara-on-the-Lake Winery Office.
The Data Analyst is expected to demonstrate hands on skills in data analysis and management, problem solving, analytical modeling using regression analysis, running ad-hoc scenarios, managing project timelines and deliverables. The Data Analyst will possess a deep understanding of database design principles, query execution plans, and excellent documentation skills.
Overall Key Personal Requirements:
· Detail oriented
· Self motivated, able to operate as a team member or individually with limited guidance and direction
· Excellent organizational skills
· Able to meet deadlines
· Positive, curious, creative and innovative thinker
· Cooperative and collaborative
· Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases
· Develop standard operational reports such as weekly/monthly performance reports/dashboards
· Identify and assist with ongoing process improvements to data integration
· Ensure accuracy and relevancy of data and delivery through rigorous attention to detail and data validation
· Documentation of designs of all databases, reports, queries, etc.
· Share concerns about deliverables and timelines with Controller
· Ability to communicate results and findings in a clear and concise manner
· Report directly to Controller
· Proficient in Microsoft Access – ODBC Connections, SQL query design and modifications
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel – VB coding
· Proficient in Crystal Reports design and modification
· In depth knowledge of database structures and data mining techniques
· 5 years experience as a data analyst
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to manage, manipulate and analyze raw data
· Proficient at queries, report writing and displaying findings
· Post secondary education ideally in business, computer science, economics or statistics
· Knowledge of Chart of Accounts and full cycle accounting
This is a full-time position. You must be able to arrange your own transportation to and from work.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to Melanie Green - Controller.
Lakeview is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all of those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.